I've Been Busy!

We're nearly in May, and you may be wondering where on earth I have been. Well, you can probably guess that, like most of us, I have been at home, and I have been rather busy. I was also quite ill for about 12 days, so needed time out to focus on getting about without getting breathless!

Guest blogs and podcasts
Following my article on mental health for their Open Door magazine, the amazing MS Trust invited me to talk about MS and mental health in a fantastic podcast series called 'It's All in Your Head'. Hear my dulcet tones in Part 1 of the series at 19:30!

I also wrote an article about how MSers are in prime position to deal with the COVID19 crisis, due to our unusually relevant experience. This was very well received by our community, and I was invited to a one-off special podcast, called 'Coronavirus and MS: Your questions answered' (hear me at 22:20).

I would highly recommend listening to the MS Trust podcasts, which feature healthcare professionals and experts, as well as a range of MSers and experiences.

MS Awareness Week
And then there was MS Awareness Week in the UK, toward the end of April, which always means I am fantastically busy spreading awareness about MS to those who don't live with it (as if I need an excuse!).

More to come
I have just wrapped up filming another MS Reporters series with the brilliant Shift.MS. This one is about MS and the postpartum period (newborn stage), and how we MSers get through these tricky few months. This topic is discussed in pockets of the community, but otherwise it tends not to be shared openly, which is quite frustrating, as I really believe MS can add a different dimension (albeit not always a nice one) to new parenthood. Keep your eyes peeled on mine and Shift.MS Twitter pages for the launch in late May!

I'm also excited about another guest podcast for someone I met at an MS Society talk. This podcast is more about me, and my approach to MS and to life generally. I will, of course, share it when it's released.

So, whilst it has been busy, it has also been lots of fun and I am very careful these days not to commit to anything that will take too much of my energy.

I am in middle of a few blogposts at the moment, so please forgive me if I don't publish right away - as you know, I use writing as a kind of therapy, and because of this, many of my posts are not really fit for public consumption. However, you can always count on me: if I have something to say, I'll be saying it! 

Keep safe, keep well!

Carla 


Popular posts from this blog

Blogs, Vlogs & Lots of Dialogue: Where Have I Been?

MS: The Impact of Lockdown

A Chronically Ill Christmas